Monday, December 7, 2009

Best of the Week...

I figured you might be wondering where I am. I've been so scarce around here lately that you might need a magnifying glass (like Connor) to spot me.
It was Con's 3rd birthday last week, and we did 2 small parties instead of one big one. It was so much easier this way. He had his party at school with his friends.
And then he had his party at home with family. We had pizza and birthday cake and the little man did it all in his underwear. Oh the beauty of a party with family! Walker was convinced it was his birthday too. Every.Single.Person. that got Connor a gift got Walker one too. When we sang Happy Birthday Walker even added his own name to the end of the song and helped blow out the candles on the cake.
I have also been spending a lot of time working on Christmas presents. Not really great ones, but more of the little tedious kind. I made 4o little Santa treats for the boys' friends at school. I'll post about those this week.
"Santa" did all of his/her shopping this week. We had 2 kids in tow. We drove 2 cars and used a tag team method. The boys went into stores and showed us everything they liked, then Dad stayed behind to show Santa while we went on to the next store.
We got the annual Santa pic at the mall the same night.
Saturday it was cold and wet out, so we spent the entire day at home, in our jammies!! Lon was off work (from all of his jobs) which is a rarity these days, so we had a family day. It was wonderful. The boys and I made Christmas ornaments for their teachers, and did some baking. Then we had movie night and popcorn before bedtime. Walker has still been working on some dance moves. I thought I would offer some assistance and teach him to move his hips. He obviously doesn't need my help. I hope he never loses the confidence to dance like no one is watching!
Oh, and Walker and I snuggled in our Snuggies. Ridiculous? Absolutely, but Walker and I both got one and we love them. (Most of these pics are from Thanksgiving in TN at my parents' house).
The boys and I have been making a lot of handmade Christmas ornaments this year, so I will try to get all those posted this week so you can make them if you want to. I let my Sunday School class (4 and 5 year olds) make angels yesterday at church, and they loved them. That is one you will definitely want to do with the kids.
I hope you had a wonderful week and I hope to catch up with you all soon!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Looks like you have been busy! I have got to get me one of those Snuggie things too!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin