Saturday, June 27, 2009

Why Mandi Shandi?

Lots of people wonder "Why is your blog called Mandi Shandi's ?" Well, Mandi is my first name. Shantell was my middle name. I was never fond of it, and dropped it in favor of my maiden name when I got married. My Mom always called me “Mandi Shandi” as a kid, and even now she calls me that occasionally. It is just one of those names that stuck. When I decided to start a blog and was trying to come up with a name for it, Mandi Shandi was the first thing that came to mind and I went with it. So for those of you that asked, “Is that your real name?” yes, no, kinda sorta. I guess it’s my real nickname is the best way to put it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to irritate my daughter by calling her Shana Banana. For some reason, she didn't like that at all!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

LOVE your new look!

LOVE the towel rack you made!

LOVE the cute cards!

LOVE you Mandi Shandi!

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is Bramlett! (I can't remember my google password.) Love the site!!! Enjoyed hanging with you guys tonight! Let's do it again soon!!!

Twill Jill said...

(I'm known as Deewee because my baby brother couldn't say "Jilly". I would've thought you named your blog as such because you're Mandy...and you're Handy. Like "Mandy's Handi", just with the letter's bumped around. I was surfing for entertainment center re-do's and found yours. Love it!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin