Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Quickest Re-do EVER!

It is Trash to Treasure Tuesday over at Reinvented, and I wanted to participate but with my "Staycation" this week, I have been enjoying my family and sightseeing in all my spare time. Hence, I am sharing one of the fastest makeovers I have ever done. I did this a few weeks ago in about 10 mins.

My mother in law gave me these chairs. They were left at the riverhouse when they purchased it. They are very heavy rodiron, and I thought all they needed was a little spraypaint.

I was right about that part. Two cans of Wal-Mart spray paint and they were good as new. The one thing I did not consider was the cushions. I already have a patio set and the cushions are still in good condition, but the print is discontinued, so I had to get something that would match khaki and olive green. This cushion was from Lowe's for $28, and a little too small.
I returned it and found these at Big Lots this week. They were $24 each, so still more than I wanted to spend, but they match the other cushions perfectly and since the chairs were free, I still feel good about it.
I am so excited my wheelbarrow is finally in full bloom too!


While my brother in law is here this week we have lots of little projects going on. I will share our progress next week.

Be sure to visit Reinvented to see some more Trash to Treasures!

10 comments:

Tricia said...

What a find! Quick and easy transformations are my favorites. Instant gratification. I'm all about it.
*Tricia

Melissa said...

The chairs look very sitable. How about that wheelbarrow. Beautiful!

Bryce's momma said...

As always, beautiful! I am loving the chairs!

Anonymous said...

I love your wrought iron chairs! What an awesome find. Enjoy your staycation.

Susan

Kelli said...

I love the redo. I hope you're enjoying your Staycation. Mine begins on Friday and it can't get here fast enough.

BlueCastle said...

Good work! Love that wheelbarrow. :)

Tina said...

Everything looks great and I love those chairs!!

The Hat Chick said...

Love the chairs. I tried to do that once and had the same problem....finding cushions to match. Good job!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

A riverhouse. What is a riverhouse? I have such glorious visions of what a riverhouse is. I just love the name. And your chairs...holla!!! Who can beat free?? They have such great lines.

Unknown said...

Hi Mandi, I'm so glad you linked up! LOVE the chairs, our patio furniture needs SERIOUS help, I just haven't gotten to that makeover yet! :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin