Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Weight Watcher Wednesday Week 26

It is Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 26 and this week I lost .5 lbs. for a running total of 31.5 lbs. I am pleased that I had a loss, but am a little disappointed it was not any more because I have been exercising a lot. That's okay though, just a little plateau. Next week I'm sure it will go better.

Just like last week, I have still been walking and believe it or not, my body craves the movement when I skip a day. In addition to the walking, I rode the paddleboat 2x at the river this weekend and Mom and I took a good little bike ride on Sunday morning. I definitely felt it in my legs after paddleboating the day before.

In the area of food, I have been doing pretty good. I am eating a good breakfast (protein shake and fruit or oatmeal), and then a light lunch. If I get hungry before dinner I try to eat fruit or almonds. My hardest thing this week has been my food journal. I have been slipping in that area, and I know from past experience that I.HAVE.TO. write all my foods down, or my caloric intake sneaks up on me.

One thing I do not watch is carbs, while I know I should, I tend to be a carbaholic, so that is just a sacrifice I hate to make. My sister is doing phenomenally well watching carbs though (Kudos Wendi!), so I am gonna plan next week's menu with a little more protein and see how it goes.

Keeping that in mind, and also the fact that I am still trying to use up my zucchini, I am gonna give you a recipe off of Gina's site, for Turkey Stuffed Zucchini. I have been working my way through some of Gina's recipes, and have been very pleased so I am gonna try this one.

Turkey Stuffed Zucchini

(Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes)

Servings: 4 (2 halves) • Time: 50 minutes • Points: 4 ww points

4 medium zucchini
1 tsp butter
1/2 small onion, finely diced
1 shallot, minced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp white wine
1.3 lb (20.8 oz) ground turkey (99% fat free)
1 large egg white
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup fat free chicken broth
2 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp marjoram
1 tsp dried basil

Salt and fresh pepperPreheat oven to 400°. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4" thick. Arrange in a baking dish. Chop the scooped out flesh of the zucchini in small pieces.In a large saute pan, melt butter and add onion, shallot and garlic. Cook on a medium-low flame for about 2-3 minutes, until onions are translucent. Add chopped zucchini and season with a pinch of salt, cook about 2-3 minutes. Add wine and cook until it reduces. Add ground turkey and season with salt and pepper, cooking until turkey is white, breaking up in smaller pieces. Add paprika, garlic powder, marjoram and basil. Mix well and cook another minute.Place turkey meat in a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool. When cooled, add parmesan cheese and egg white, mix well. Using a spoon, fill hollowed zucchinis with stuffing, pressing firmly and top with bread crumbs. Place chicken broth in bottom of the baking dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake 35 minutes.


I hope all my WW buddies had a great week. I look forward to hearing from you!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm so proud of you Mandi. I need to keeping reading these posts for some inspiration.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Good work friend! Keep it up!! You are doing amazing. The recipe you posted sounds sooo yummy! I'm printing it off right now.

Sandy said...

Keep up the good work. One thing that I've found out is that I have protein at breakfast or more at lunch
in meat area I don't get as hungry and I too love my carbs. Hope this hint helps.
Sandy

Unknown said...

Well done! I know from experience that this is not easy but it sure is worth it. I need to say that 10 times, or a hundred times, and get back on the wagon myself. I've been bad.

Thanks for stopping by my place today. It was fun to have you visit.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin