Monday, December 8, 2008

A Couple Things for Kids...

So today we had a great day at home. The days where we stay home and piddle around are Walker's favorite. I got lots of laundry done, all of the Christmas cards finished, and we made our "Gingerbread House." Now in all honesty I can not really call what we made a gingerbread house. It was more of a huge rice krispy treat that the boys decorated. I made a gingerbread house a few years ago, and it was ridiculously difficult. Maybe it was just me, but I had a really hard time getting the sides to stand properly (I'm sure it nothing to do with my lack of patience and not giving my icing time to set up). Anywho, I definitely did not think a gingerbread house was something I could do with the boys yet, so we bought this instead...


Connor hoarded his candy and ate it instead of decorating with it. His house ended up with icing only.

This is Walker applying all 3 tubes of frosting at one time.

He really got into it!

It was so simple to make, and the boys loved decorating it. I must admit, I am a bit of a Rice Krispy Treat Snob, and these don't taste quite as good as the homemade ones do, but it was fun and easy, and that counts for a lot in my book.

Cheesing for the camera in their jammies. Looking at the pictures you can't even tell Connor's is a house.
Walker said he did not want a house, "I want a circle." so a circle is what he got.
I think next year I will just make a big rice krispy treat and let the boys pick out their own candy to decorate with. Poor Lonnie tried to have a piece when he got home (Walker was so excited he didn't have a choice) and after telling the boys how beautiful they were he almost chipped his tooth on the "hardest gumdrop I've ever seen!"

The other thing I wanted to show you is these dripstiks my Mom got for the boys. Mr. Independance will NEVER let you help him when he is eating an ice cream cone or popsicle. Whoever invented this thing is a genius in my book. It has two sides, one holds a popsicle stick, and one fits an ice cream cone. It catches the drips and keeps Connor's hands from getting sticky and rubbing popsicle juice on everything.



You can get one from http://www.dripstik.com/ , and for $7.99 for 2 or $15.99 for a set of 4, they are worth the money!

I am gonna go use my new Cricut, so I hope to have some fabulous crafts to share tomorrow!




2 comments:

Shannon said...

Those are so cute!! You are right...those are nearly as good as homemade.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I need a dripstick!!

Can't wait to see your Cricut projects!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin