Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Second 2nd Birthday...


We had Con's second (he had 2 parties this year) 2nd birthday party this weekend. We just had a cookout at the river and got together with family and friends, but as usual it was a lot of fun. Connor LOVED his Thomas the Train cakes, and he ate enough blue icing to permanently stain his insides, just trust me on that statement!




Connor thought he was really something with his new green motorcycle.


It was also the parade on the river, and some of the boats got all decked out. That was a lot of fun and what a hoot!

This was the best looking one...

but anything that has Santa on it is always gonna win the kid vote!

Con in the jump castle. This was last year's present and well worth the money. We use it at every party and it is so easy to inflate and take down. I suggest these for anyone that has little ones.

Nana and Jerry decked Dino (click here if you need some background on Dino) out for the season so this weekend was the first time the boys saw that too.

Tell me that is not hilarious!!! He has a Rudolph nose and everything.

This was one of the last pictures of the night. Jerry was throwing Connor up in the air and catching him. Con kept wanting him to do it again and go higher and higher. I think this time was high enough, seeing as how Jerry is 6'7 and he is not even showing in the picture. But, man o man did Connor ever love it!

Well there you have it, my weekend in a nutshell. I am gonna go watch Desperate Housewives and start stuffing Christmas cards in their envelopes. Hope you all had a great weekend too!

4 comments:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Oh Mandi, your boys remind me of my boys when they were that age. They think they're all grown up and know it all at 8 and 9 years old. Oh how the time flies by way too fast! We were HUGE Thomas fans...that cake rocks the house! I remember at least 4 Thomas themed b-day parties in a row. Needless to say, my grandkids will be [playing with hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of trains. I will never get rid of them! Ok, you are definitely a genuis in my book. Your idea to add magnets to the back of the clipboard is brilliant! I LOVE it and will be copying you on that one! Thanks for the great tip.

xoxoxoxo ~ Amanda

Shannon said...

How fun! The parade looked so fun! Love Dino!

edie said...

Love the cakes! And your Elfed picture below is so funny.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

What a fun birthday party! He sure looked like he enjoyed his cake. Yum!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin