Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 12

It is Weight Watchers Wednesday Week 12 and I got some great news this week. I had a stomach bug on Friday and had to go to the doctor. He said, "Wow Mandi you have lost almost 30 lbs." I responded, no I've lost 21 lbs. He corrected me and I was thrilled! I have lost 7 lbs. for a total of 28 lbs. Now only a few of these are from this past week, and the others were from the beginning, but it is still a HUGE loss and just the inspiration I needed to remind me why I should keep plugging along, even when it is not fun.

As for my exercise, I have been very busy "puttering" around the house and the yard. But I have not really done too many of my videos recently. I did sweat signifcantly planting in the flowerbeds though, so I figure that counts as something.

For this week's recipe, I am gonna do a couple of things. First I am gonna share my new favorite breakfast, Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal (4 points). It doesn't get much easier than this. You take 1 packet of the Cinnamon Weight Control oatmeal by Quaker and make it just like the box says. Then, when you take it out of the microwave add 1 packet of splenda and 1 of the individual applesauce cups (unsweetened). Stir and enjoy. It makes the oatmeal so creamy and is really delish. Easy Peasy?

The other thing I want to share is how I have been cooking my asparagus. Now to all of you seasoned cooks out there, this will probably be old hat, but it was news to me. I LOVE asparagus but it was always mushy when I cooked it. Well not anymore! I get fresh asparagus from the grocery store, wash it and snap off the ends. Spread it out on a cookie sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil OR spray it with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with sea salt and coarse ground pepper and pop it under the broiler on high for 8 to 10 mins. About half way through I shake my pan so the asparagus turns over. I'm tellin' you this stuff is restaurant grade asparagus!

I can't wait to hear from all my WW buddies. I hope you had a great week as well!

10 comments:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Oh Mandi, I'm so excited for your success! You've done so well and I'm so glad to hear that you have a boost to keep going. Hooray!! I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

WOW...30 lbs. is great....I've got to get motivated....hearing your story and seeing Christy on Sunday should do the trip...good work...pb

ps..thanks for the help w/my blog list...it worked....i knew it was simple but got confused!

Anonymous said...

should have read my comment before i hit send...should have said, do the trick! pb

The Smith Family said...

Mandy...that is AWESOME!! You are working so hard and I'm so happy for your success!

the asparagus sounds Yummy, I'll have to try cooking it that way..thanks :)

Also, thanks for the prayers for my Uncle, that is really nice!!

BlueCastle said...

What a nice surprise - losing an extra 7lbs. :) Good job. I love asparagus, but usually cook it in butter. I think I need to try your way. It sounds a little healthier. :)

Stacie said...

I'm not usually one for surprises, but a 7lb. surprise is great! Keep it up!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That is utterly fantastic! Congratulations on how much you've lost! It is inspiring to hear and it certainly keeps me wanting to plug away with losing my baby weight!
Carrie

Jennifer R. Hamilton said...

Way to go Sister! So proud of you and your determination!! AND it's obviously paying off!! I have never tried asparagus but I'd say Jack would like it...may have to try it!!
Oh and Jack is in 18 month pants and 18 and some 24 month tops. We can thank his Daddy for a long torso and short legs! Just another thing "he didn't get from me!"

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Way to go Mandi. You are rockin it out girlfriend! Hey, could you rub some of that dedication and determination off on me? Please.

Staci Griffey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are so amazing! Keep up the good work:)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin