Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 36

It is Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 36 and this week I am at a big fat 0 lbs. lost and 0 lbs. gained, for a running total of 36 lbs. lost. Okay, if I am gonna reach my goal of 52 lbs. this year I am gonna HAVE TO lose atleast one pound every week the rest of the year. This makes me a little nervous since all the really good eat everything in sight because it all tastes so delicious and you only get this great food once a year holidays are coming up. I guess I am gonna just have to try to stick to my meal planning really closely and only splurge on holidays.

I have still been exercising. I have not been quite as disciplined about it this week, but I did get in 3 workouts. I am gonna change up the walking to aerobics for a day or two and see if a little variety makes me more motivated.
For this week's recipe I am gonna post an Apple Crisp recipe from one of my favorite sites. It is a blog I follow called Gina's Weight Watchers Recipes and Gina is a wonderful cook. I have tried several of her recipes and they are always super! I am gonna try this one later on this week because it is fall and I always want apples in the fall.

Cinnamon Apple Crisp
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 7/8 cup • Calories: 222 • Points: 4.5 ptsFilling:
5 medium apples, peeled and diced
1.5 oz raisins (small box)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 lemon, juiced
3 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup agave nectarTopping:
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup (half stick) butter, melted
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine apples, raisins, cinnamon, agave nectar and lemon juice in large bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch. Toss until fruit is coated. Place fruit in an ungreased baking dish.Mix remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake about 40 minutes or until topping is goldenbrown and fruit is tender.Serve with a scoop of low fat ice cream or fat free frozen yogurt.

I hope all my Weight Watchers Buddies had a great week and I will be back next week with a loss, or I'll die trying!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Well, in my WW experience, I always liked 0 pounds rather than that "+" in front of the numbers!! I stubbled upon your blog and I love it!! I started back to WW last week, and I am blogging my journey, thanks to your inspiration!! Keep up the good work!

Stacie said...

Just keep your eye on that goal, girl. You can do it!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin