Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 37

It is Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 37 and this week I lost .5 lbs. for a running total of 36.5 lbs. I am off of my goal for the week by 1/2 lb. so I am gonna have to really be good this weekend travelling and stay on track. I can do it!

For those of you that do not follow Weight Watchers, they have 2 types of plans. The Core Plan and Flex Plan. The Core is based on eating healthy foods until you are full, and you don't have to count points as long as you only eat the foods you are allowed. On the Flex plan you eat a daily allowance of points that are determined by a food's fat, fiber, and calorie content. I have been intending to switch to the Core plan for a while now. The only time I get my veggies in is when I am on the Core plan not the Flex plan. I am weak. I use my Flex points on junk food no matter how I look at it. I only eat my points, but they are not spent on veggies or lean protein. I would much rather have a Snickers bar for 7 points than a healthier alternative. I obviously lose better when eating healthy foods, so this week is gonna be the switch I've been putting off.

On the exercise front, it's been raining here. I have been a real slacker this week. I had a great work out Sunday and then skipped Monday. I worked like a crazy woman pulling weeds and raking Tuesday, but didn't get diddley exercise in today. I am exercising tomorrow and Friday to get my time in.

For a recipe this week, I am sharing more of a tip than a recipe. As I have told you many times before, I am a coffee-aholic. I LOVE it. I could drink it all day everyday. I am also a pumpkin fanantic. I look so forward to this time of year because Starbuck's has their Pumpkin Spice Latte. I would hate to know how many points one of those is. Hence I came up with my own version. I brew Pumpkin Spice coffee, add Splenda, Sugarfree Vanilla creamer, and I top it with Fat Free Cool Whip. Can I just tell you it is delicious and definitely worth 2 points!
I hope all my WW buddies had a great week and I look forward to hearing your progress. By the way, if you are on WW, do you do Flex or Core?

7 comments:

Honey said...

so you are telling me that the pumpkin spice k-cups are good?????
might have to give it a try...also saw some different hot chocolate k-cups at Bed, Bath and Beyond...also saw that Kohl's is now carrying k-cups...you are the coffee girl...I'm anxious to try the starbucks instant in the little packs and use with my keurig...good going on the ww...keep it up, you are sure hanging in there...later, pb

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the great tip Mandi!! I'm doing WW too and I just started in September and I have lost close to 10 pounds so far, but your right about the Flex. Im switching to the Core Plan with a hint of the Momentum Plan mixed in. I'm not very good about keeping track of the points. I adore coffe as well, so your tip will be a hit! So you used K cups too? Let me know so I can go and buy the pumpkin. Thanks for sharing.

Mandi Shandi said...

Patti and Cheryl, I would definitely give a thumbs up to the Pumpkin Spice K-cups. I get them through Green Mtn. Coffee Co. but I buy in bulk because I like them year round and like everything else pumpkin they are only available this time of year. Give them a try!

Angie said...

That coffee sounds so good! Good luck with the weight loss. I sure could stand to lose quite a few! As for the zebra print T, it is just a $2 wood letter (Michaels or Hobby Lobby) with scrapbook paper glued to it. You ought to do one too! Have a great weekend!

philben5 said...

Just found your blog and so glad I did! I have been needing to get back on track with my weight and you've given me incentive! Thanks
Blessings
Roxanne

Jenny said...

Mandi--Found your blog off another blog (Imperfectly Beautiful). I started WW the end of August and have lost 14 lbs. I actually need to count the points. I am not mature enough to 'listen to myself'....yet. Good luck to you and keep up the GOOD WORK!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Way to go with the weight loss. I too am a junk food junkie but just recently have been eating more fruit. Good luck with the goal this week. I know you will do it.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin