Thursday, October 30, 2008

Gray...


When Walker was almost 2, he became fascinated with Rabbits. Being that he is my little animal lover, he decided he really needed one, and I thought they were so cute and fuzzy it would be fun. Anyway, we bought him a rabbit for Easter. We picked him out a little gray dwarf bunny, and being a creative genius, Walker named him "Gray".

Well needless to say, Gray became my pet instead of Walker's. He was way too young to stay interested in an animal. He would play with Gray occasionally, but he was generally too busy and/or to rough. I always fed and watered Gray, so when I went out to do that on Sunday morning it was the regular routine. Sadly though, Gray had passed away sometime in the night. He was only 1 1/2 so I have no idea what happened. I have heard rabbits can be scared to death, but I really am at a loss as to what could have scared him. I guess I'll never know. Anyway, I figured I better tell Walker, since Gray was really his, but how do you tell a 3 year old his bunny died?



I decided to just tell him that Gray was not gonna be with us anymore because he went to Heaven to live with Jesus and some other animals. Walker's response was, "Oh Maaaaannnn!" Well nothing else was mentioned about it until I went to put Walker to bed tonight. His thoughts are always very random at bedtime. Tonight out of the blue he says, "I don't want Gray to move to Heaven. We should go get him back from Jesus." What do you say to that? Oh Maaannn! The only response I could think of was that Gray was happy with Jesus and Jesus would take good care of him. That satisfied him for now.

I will miss this little rabbit, and I am sure the boys will too.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin