Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cornbread Goowrotten...

I am quickly coming to the realization that my boys are growing up TOO FAST and there is nothing I can do to slow the process. SO, I have been trying to enjoy lots of quality time with them these last few weeks before they both start pre-school. In case you've missed me in the blogosphere, that's where I have been, elbow deep in playdough as opposed to decorating or crafting.

Today we took our first trip to the library for the sole purpose of getting books. We usually only go for storytime. The boys loved picking out their different books, but were disappointed that I limited them to six. We had read them all within an hour of getting home and they are already asking about going back tomorrow to get different ones.

We've also been spending time at the river.
Making sticker collages. And more sunglasses...
But mostly I have just been enjoying these two wrotten little things.
By the way, Connor is no longer Connor Brett. He is now going by Cornbread Goowrotten. Cornbread is what his Uncle Paul says his name sounds like (Connor Brett), and Connor loves it. I told him he is "wrotten" and Nonnie says he's a "good wrotten", so he now says his name is Cornbread Goowrotten. That should make for an interesting first day of preschool. He definitely looks like Cornbread in Poppy's camo hat and his black underwear.
The boys start "school" September 9, and we have a lot we hope to do between now and then, but I promise to get back to posting about some of my projects once we get settled into a routine. Until then, forgive me if the posts are a little sparse. Hope you are enjoying the last little bit of summer as much as we are!

5 comments:

Girl with the Curlz said...

What a couple of total cutie pants. I love those shades :-) I am glad you are having such fun with them this summer.

Stacie said...

Those boys are too cute and you are dead on to realize what a gift they are and spend as much time with them as you can! On a side note, I got your comment about Blissdom--and I hope you are serious, I would totally go with you!

Tara said...

And here I was thinking you were going to give a great recipe for cornbread! LOL What a hoot!

Elbow deep in play-doh sounds pretty great. Enjoy these days just playin'

Kelli said...

Enjoy the time with your boys (those pictures are great). We'll be here once you get settled.

The Hat Chick said...

Savor these days....they go by WAY too quickly!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin