Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 27

It is Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 27 and this week I lost 1 lb. for a running total of 32.5 lbs. I am very happy with my loss this week. We were at the river all weekend, and while I was conscious of my eating, I just didn't worry about it too much. For the first time in a while, I feel like this past week is one I could live with the rest of my life and not think I am missing out. This Weight Watchers thing must finally be becoming the "lifestyle change" I've been looking for.

In the area of exercise, believe it or not I finally made a commitment. My walking buddy Mary and I weren't able to go exercise a single evening last week because of conflicting schedules, and with VBS this week, we knew it wouldn't happen in the evenings again. So, we started exercising in the morning before Mary goes to work. We have been meeting at 6:30 am, and either walking or doing Hip Hop Abs. Getting up and going that early has been a HUGE change for me. I am always up by 7:00, but then I snuggle with Connor (the early bird) and drink coffee for an hour or so. Jumpstarting my morning has been different, but it is something I am gonna stick to because I am so much more conscious of my eating all day if I work that hard first thing in the morning.
For this week's recipe, I am gonna share my Chicken Veggie Bake. This is a creation I came up with (still trying to use all that zucchini) as a lighter variation to some other chicken dishes I saw online. We ate it for dinner last week, and I ate leftovers the next day and they were delish!
Chicken Veggie Bake, 6 points
4 servings

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 zucchini, sliced
1 squash, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1 cup Spaghetti Sauce
1/4 cup Reduced Fat Parmesean Cheese
Salt and pepper
Aluminum Foil
Tear off 4 sheets of aluminum foil, and spray them with cooking spray, I use Pam. Wet the chicken with water, and roll in bread crumbs. Sprinkle with Salt and pepper. Lay on foil, layer zucchini, squash, and tomatoes on top of each breast. Spread 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce on each, and sprinkle the parmesean cheese on the top. Fold the foil closed along the top, close tightly on the ends. Bake the "pockets" on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 mins.

Now I am huge fan of chicken and pasta together, and since I wanted Alfredo sauce (yes I know how fattening that is) I decided the most calorie conscious way to do that was to just buy a frozen Alfredo entree by Lean Cuisine. It is 4 points, and wonderful. It made my whole meal 10 points, but it was exactly what I wanted. Even Lonnie said it was delicious. Give it a try!
I hope all my Weight Watcher's buddies had a great week. I look forward to hearing your progress!

7 comments:

Stacie said...

I told you that you would leave that 30lb. mark in the dust--go girl!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! I know first hand how busy and pooped you get with VBS. It's so much fun but alot of hours go into it as well. Enjoy your week!

Amanda said...

Congrats on your weight loss!

Chanda said...

Great job! You are very inspiring, I need to to get control and start eating such lovely things as the recipe you posted!

Bryce's momma said...

Congrats on your loss! I think that sounds wierd. We usually say, "Sorry for your loss." lol Anyway, Congrats, I know that it is hard!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Keep inspiring me with yummy posts like this and maybe, just maybe I can motivate myself to start WW soon! I need it BAD...this has turned into the summer of flab. Not good.

~Amanda

Staci Griffey said...

WhoooHooo!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin