Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 28

It is Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 28 and this week I lost .5 lbs. so I am now up to 33 lbs. I am stoked about having had a loss because being out of town this weekend was challenging, but also the weather has been bad this week and we have been inside baking every.single.day. Walker has always been a big fan of cooking, and Connor has now decided he likes it too, so that means double the goodies around to munch on.

I am still exercising 4 days a week. Mary and I have been meeting at 6:30 am for Hip Hop Abs or to walk. Tomorrow morning is hip hop, so I will be getting in bed shortly. That is one hard workout. I think our abs get more of a work out from all of the laughing we do at ourselves than they do the actual video. Hilarious I tell you!

For the recipe this week, I am gonna share a Lowfat Banana Oatmeal Bread that the boys and I baked. I made it into muffins instead of bread, and they were really good. Great to grab one and go.
Low Fat Banana Oatmeal Bread (muffins )
Makes 12 servings @ 2 points each

Ingredients :
3 large bananas, mashed
1/2 cup white sugar (I used Splenda)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats (old fashioned oats, not quick cook)
1/3 cup applesauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions:
Add sugar to mashed bananas and mix. Add beaten egg and mix. In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix well. Mix in applesauce. Spoon into medium size muffin tin (I use paper muffin cups so they won't stick) and fill 3/4's full. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350.

I cheated a bit, and sprinkled chocolate chips on a few of them just to see how they were. YUM! I didn't count this change in my points though. I figured since I used Splenda instead of sugar, the chocolate chips would even it out again. Probably not the smartest way to do it, but I only added the chocolate to 4 of the 12 muffins.
I hope all my Weight Watchers buddies had a great week. I'll try to get some good pics next post.

5 comments:

Bryce's momma said...

Congrats on your loss! You are such a good mom helping your boys bake! I think that it was pretty smart to do the chocolate chip thing. If you gotta cheat, those can't be much in the realm of points! lol

The Smith Family said...

Girl, you are doing great. I stopped doing WWW, but I should start again. I'm back on W.W, but I feel like I go off and on to much. I left a message on my blog about the book. You have to do it. So cool. The site is blurb.com Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day!!!!

Stacie said...

Go, Mandi, go Mandi!! Congrats on the weight loss this week. I know what you mean about the abs though, my friends and I tried yoga at the Y and I think we burned more calories laughing at ourselves in the mirror than we did with the poses!

BlueCastle said...

Good job, Mandi! You're doing great. :)

Patsy said...

Congratulations on your wieght loss and your determination! Love your blog and your family is precious. Have a blessed evening!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin