Monday, August 10, 2009

My Cheap New Bedspread...

We spent the weekend in TN, and while it was a lowkey-hang-out-with-family kind of weekend, I did manage to squeeze in a trip to Ross and TJ Maxx. I finally found a new bedspread, and it was a heck of a deal so I thought I would share.
As you can see, I have a lot of red, green, and black in the bedding. The bed is queen size, but with a very deep mattress, so I have to buy king size comforters and bedspreads. I have been using a red comforter, but it was hot and I had gotten really tired of it lately. I was looking for something simple and light, when I came across this king size quilt and 2 shams for $35. It was just what I was looking for to bring the other stuff down a notch. The other bedding is custom made and we have had it for a couple of years now and I still love it. However, with the duvet as the bedspread it is just too loud. That's why I use it as an accent at the bottom of the bed.
Excuse the poor pictures. The green is much better in person, but right after I took these 2 pics, my beautiful bed was no longer. Pete and Re-Pete invaded the room...
I will tell you, this is how the bed usually looks. The boys love to wrestle and watch TV in my room while I get ready. Connor did say, "Mom, your bed looks so pretty."
As they began to throw my pillows here, there, and everywhere I asked Walker what he was doing and he said, "I'm just playing on your bed Mom. You can straighten it up again later. " Thanks Walker. Thanks a bunch!

7 comments:

Girl with the Curlz said...

It looks adorable!!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Ha! That last photo makes me laugh because it's so familiar...why do I bother making my bed, EVER?
Carrie

Stacie said...

Isn't that how it goes, rooms full of toys and they just want to jump on the bed or play with the box that the toy came in? It looks great, with or without the kiddos!

Unknown said...

Oh honey....I see a beautiful spread! Nothing cheap ...hehe.. Very pretty!

mary said...

NICE! I love a good deal!!
Your boys are so CUTE!! I'm a softy for redheads (I hoped for one myself)
Love your blog!!!

Bryce's momma said...

Gorgeous! We could soooo shop together! I love those stores! Better than expensive ones! Please move to Alabama and DECLUTTER my house and teach my husband to be neater! lol

BlueCastle said...

Awesome! I love T.J. Maxx. :) The colors look really great in your room. So do the little boys.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin