Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 30

It is Weight Watchers Wednesday, and yes you read correctly, it is Week 30!! I have actually been doing this for over 7 months! This week I had a loss of .5 lbs for a running total of 34.5. I am just so stinkin' proud that I am still sticking to this new lifestyle and exercising that I can hardly stand myself. HA! Just teasing. In all seriousness, I am stoked to have had a loss this past week because it has been extremely stressful and I didn't eat every pint of Ben and Jerry's at Bi-Lo. I did have some Chubby Hubby on Sunday though, just keepin' it real!

Walker's dental appointment on Tuesday was a complete and total nightmare. For a little background, he had his first dentist visit last month and it was terrifying to him. We researched and took him to one of the best pediatric dentists in our area, but Walker was still traumatized after the visit. The way that child was screaming, I am surprised they didn't kick us out.

Anyway, they found 2 cavities in his molars so the dentist said our best bet would be to have him sedated and get the work done. We had to be there really early and he got his Demerol, but because he was so anxious his body metabolized the meds funny and it acted more as a steroid. He was bouncing all over the walls. You would have thought they gave him a double espresso.

To make a long and painful story very short, after they velcroed him to the table and he still thrashed around it was determined that he was gonna need to have the work done in a hospital operating room with complete anesthesia. Can I just say that having your child scream and cry for your help is heart wrenching. The dentist was wonderful and so patient, but it was just too much for Walker, and when they tried to give him a shot in his mouth he jerked so hard that they almost got him in the cheek. That was what sealed the deal on the hospital visit. It just wasn't going to be safe to proceed at the dentist office. Thank you Jesus! I don't think I could handle much more, and neither could poor Walker. So, $4oo later we still have cavities and we get to look forward to another fun dental adventure. But no need to worry. Walker is back to his regular self.
What does all this have to do with the price of tea in China, you ask? In another time, I would have literally eaten and eaten and eaten. This time, I shed a few tears, talked to a few girlfriends/ family and felt better! This is huge people!

Mary and I are still exercising 3 -4 times a week, and doing it first thing in the morning has been a wonderful way to do it. I am too tired to make excuses and I know that at 6:30 in the am I don't really have anywhere else to be.
For this week's recipe, I am gonna share a Pineapple Banana Smoothie Recipe, 2 points. When I was a kid my mom always made Pineapple Banana homemade ice cream, and this reminds me of it.
Pineapple Banana Smoothie
Ingredients:
1 cup cubed pineapple -- fresh or canned
1/4 cup pineapple-orange juice -- from frozen concentrate
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt nonfat
1/4 cup water
2 ice cubes
1 packet of Splenda
1/2 of a banana
Instructions:
1. In a blender, combine all ingredients, blend until smooth and frothy.
2. Pour into glasses.
Makes 2 servings, 3 POINTS per serving

I hope all my WW buddies had a great week. I look forward to hearing from you!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry that Walker had such a hard time...hope everything else goes smoothly!

Thanks for sharing the recipe...sounds really good!

:) ~Michelle

somecallmechristy said...

I am soooo proud of you! I am glad you have found an exercise bud and so glad you didn't stress eat! My heart was breaking for Walker when you told me how it went. Love that pic and that smile!

Bryce's momma said...

I can imagine how you feel, after my ordeal with my little man! I am glad that you got a little closure with the anesthesia thing. Just know that, as a former surgery center nurse, that it can sometimes act in reverse too when they wake up. It is kinda like a night terror. They are crying, but not fully awake. If he does this, don't let it frighten you, because after a good nap with you holding him (very important) he won't even remember it. I have seen it one million times , so don't be afraid. Walker will do great. They have bubble gum scented gas to first help them go out, before they give him the main anesthesia. I wish that I could be there to hold him in recovery for you! Rest easy my skinny friend! This too, shall pass. You will laugh about it in years to come! Remember that at Walker's developmental age, his biggest fear is bodily harm. Sometimes it helps just to understand him as a person. You might could find out ahead of time if you could visit the hospital and meet a person to show him everything and let him touch and play with things a little to reduce his anxiety. I hope that helps!

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Yuck, sorry about the dental fiasco but glad you coped without food.

Melissa said...

Mandi~you are amazing! You really have turned this into a lifestyle. You are an inspiration to me~
Yes, I'm loving the laundry room, but I wish, wish there was an automatic folding and put away machine somewhere out there. My least favorite part.

Kelli said...

You've been tagged by ME.

Unknown said...

YOU.GO.GIRL!!!! IM proud of you too~ {{{tight hugs}}}

Stacie said...

Good job on the loss and your ability to cope with what sounds like a truly stressful week. Glad Walker is doing better.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin