Saturday, September 19, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 33


It is Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 33 (actually Saturday, oops!) and this week I had a loss of .3 lbs. That brings my total loss to 34.8 lbs. I have resorted to counting decimals, but it was a loss so I thought I would share it.

It has been a very stressful week, and Walker has been wanting to do some baking. For the first weekend in a long time we are not going to the river, so we decided to tackle a Chocolate Peanutbutter Cake that I have had on the brain. I've been wanting to try it since Aunt Wendi told us about it, but have been good. I finally cracked! Walker helped me with it and can I just tell you it is to.die.for! I will spare you the recipe since this is Weight Watchers Wednesday, not "blow your diet Wednesday", but if you want the recipe let me know and I'll post it later. I had one small piece and it hit the spot, so now I will be trying to push it off on family and friends to get it out of the house fast.
My exercise buddy and I have been on opposite schedules a lot lately, so I have resorted to exercising with a new partner, Walker. He is not quite as coordinated as Mary, but he makes me laugh through the whole work out, and that makes it go by pretty quickly.

Walker has been such a little trooper at school, so I wanted to do something special for him. He decided he wanted me to watch a movie with him, so we decided together to make it a "Campout" in the family room and pitch a tent made out of sheets. We had all the lights out and played with flashlights. I watched his little movie beginning to end, with out doing laundry or loading the dishwasher, etc. and it was such a relaxing evening. I have got to learn to be more present and that so much of what I stress over can wait. Baby steps people, baby steps.


For the recipe this week I am gonna tell you how I make one of our family favorites lighter. All 3 of my guys LOVE Sloppy Joes and french fries. Not the most diet friendly food, right? Well I have altered it and they have no idea and because it is still delish. I use whole wheat buns, ground turkey instead of hamburger, and then bake the french fries. I also buy the Sloppy Joe spice packet and tomato paste seperately insead of buying it pre-mixed because it is less calories that way. Your exact point total will vary according to the buns you choose and the quality of turkey, but I can make this meal for 8 pts. a person and it really tastes the same. That is cutting the calories and fat by almost half, and whether you are a person that watches your weight or not, that is a good change!

6 comments:

Stacie said...

A loss is a loss is a loss! Keep it up! We love ground turkey by the way, we hardly ever buy ground beef anymore--I can't tell a difference.

Kelli said...

.3...score! You are doing so great. I love the tent and camping out. What a special moment.

Amy said...

Mandi-
I haven't been around much this summer, but I am so impressed by your determination and more importantly... your results. You are rockin' I scrolled through your blog to find a pic... you look great! Your blog is so fun and creative... I am going to start stopping by ALOT more.... Keep up the good work!

somecallmechristy said...

I am proud of your campout and movie date with Walker... I know it must have been so hard for you to do nothing the whole time around the house...but guarantee Walker appreciated it! Hope this week is good for all....talk to you soon.

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Aww, look at that red hair! We have a redhead too! :)

Nobody Puts Mama In A Corner! said...

Good for you!! Keep up the good work!
Go Mama Go!
Mama Holli

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin