My friend Mandi at Misses Canadian Pie, gave me an award this week for being grateful. Of course that got me thinking about how much I truly do have to be grateful for. I think from now on, Sunday posts are gonna have an attitude of gratitude and be recaps of several things I am thankful for from the previous week.
1. It snowed this week. Keep in mind that we live close to Charleston SC. It NEVER snows here. Granted it wasn't mcuh snow, but it was enough to get everyone in a tissy and all worked up.
2. Walker and Connor want me to thank Nonnie and Pop for their calendars they got in the mail. Walker has been endlessly entertained by looking at his horses, and Connor's Tinkerbell calendar is kind of like a calendar of pin up girls for 2 year olds. He just looks at those fairies and grins ear to ear.
3. Nana arranged for us to take Walker to a "real" horse farm where they have show horses. He absolutely loved it and was mesmerized. We are now going to start looking into horse riding lessons for him. He says he wants to "ride a horse named Hot Shot really fast". Where do they come up with this stuff?
4. Papa turned 71 this week. Papa is Lon's granddad and a really big part of our life here in SC. This is a small miracle because the men in Papa's family never live past 65. That is him down there dancing with Walker on his birthday.
5. We are going to try out the preschool choir tonight at our church. Walker LOVES to sing, and I am thankful that we go to a church that has a ministry like this for 3 and 4 year olds.
6. Connor is adjusting to less time with his binky. It was cut last week and he doesn't really seem to care too much. Hopefully this week when I cut it more he will adjust easily again.
What are you thankful for this week?