Saturday, January 17, 2009

New Specs and Other Random Stuff...

Well it finally happened, I had to get new specs. I've needed them for a while, but making it to the doctor was something I was putting off. I HATE to get my eyes dialated, and knew I was due, so I'd been avoiding it. Then, Connor stepped on my glasses while we were skiing and they broke right in the middle. I had to super glue them, yes I realize how tacky that is, but I had to see! Luckily I was able to get in with the optomotrist that day and get some new glasses ordered. The bad part was that my prescription had changed significantly since the last pair so I am having a little trouble adjusting to the new ones. They are great though.

Excuse the mad photography skills here. I wanted to show them to you, and Lon is at his flag football game.
They are tortoise shell and blue on the inside. LOVE THEM! My others were black, so I wanted something a little different.

Con-Man had a bad fall yesterday. He was running through the office and slipped on a rug. He hit his head on the corner of a storage cube and cut it. I thought we were gonna have to go to the ER, but once I got the bleeding to stop I realized the cut was not quite as bad as I feared. So we did not go to the ER. (I'm putting this picture up for my parents to see that he really is ok. It drives them crazy not being around the corner.) Poor guy's having a hard weekend though. Last night he got his first stomach bug, courtesy of big brother. He was scared to death. This is pretty much what his day has consisted of...
On a positive note, I wanted to show you a few things I got at Peebles this week. I don't know if this store is a chain, but it is a department store kind of like a Belk's and we have one here. They also have them in TN. Anyway, I got a few things to tassel with there today. They are having a HUGE sale. These birds were like $2 each and the acorns were $1.60 each. They are beautiful, and about 4 inches long. I can't wait to get started on those. They had some other great stuff, but I was trying to keep it cheap. I may have to go back and get a huge shadowbox frame. It was 50% off, but still more than I wanted to spend. We'll see if I can live without it or not. I may have to make another trip and pick that up. Well duty calls and Con is up from his nap. I hope your weekend is fantastic!

1 comment:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Cute new specs! I hope your baby boy feels better soon. It is such a drag to be sick...poor little guy. I am loving those ginormous acorns. They will make absolutely gorg tassels!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin