Today is the first day of the changes, and change #1 is that I am starting on Weight Watchers. I am very excited about this because I have had success with Weight Watchers in the past. I am gonna put the Weight Watchers Wednesday button on my sidebar, and I will post my progress every Wed. What better way to be held accountable?
I got this button from the Mojito Maven, and she posts her progress every Wed. I love her blog and the progress she has made is great. If you click here, you can read her story and get some great weight watchers tips she follow. Now, she wants to get back to a size 3/4 or something. That is just not in my genes, and I am very realistic. I just want to be healthier, and beach ready in the summer.
Here is a pic of me with my Mom and the boys at a park a few weeks ago. Not a flattering picture, I know, but it shows why I am doing WW again. I'm sure you've noticed my pics always have one of the boys standing in front of me. That would be using my children as photo props. Strategic placement so that this or that does not show. NO MORE! Here I am in all my glory.
The hardest part of this, for me atleast, has always been planning my meals. That is a goal this time around. I am gonna plan 3 meals, 2 snacks, and points for everyday when I go grocery shopping.
As promised, I am gonna list my 12 goals for 2009. Some of these may seem silly to you, and they are in no particular order, but they are changes I think are necessary. I am gonna reserve the right to tweek this list as needed, but here they are:
1. Start Weight Watchers
2. Exercise (intentionally, not just playing with the boys) at least 4 times a week.
3. Be more active in our church.
4. Take a REAL sewing class.
5. Do my daily devotional DAILY, as it was intended.
6. Get up one hour early before the boys to do the devotional mentioned before.
7. Actually DO what the Flylady suggests by getting my morning routine in order.
8. Get my Evening routine done before bed, not the next morning! (I will expand on this when make the change and post about it.)
9. Cook atleast 5 dinners a week. We eat out WAY TOO MUCH!
10. Commit more money to our savings.
11. De-clutter and organize one room at a time.
12. Serve. I want to see out more ways to serve others in our community and teach the boys how important that it is.
There you have it. I will tackle a new goal on the 13th of every month. For now I am off to make some oatmeal and get my Weight Watchers Journal going for the day.