Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Packing, Baking, and Craft Making...

Tonight I am getting geared up for my Thanksgiving holiday by finishing laundry, so that it can be packed...baking goodies for tomorrow, so that we can eat...and crafting just because I had the itch. My Thanksgiving plans look like this:
-Get the newspaper and scope out the Black Friday sales.
-Call Sandy to compare Black Friday shopping notes.
-Finish packing for the boys, and Lon and I.
-Make macaroni and cheese, load all of the desserts into the car.
-Eat with the SC family at 12:00.
-Meet my parents in Spartanburg (halfway) so they can get the boys.
-Turn right around and go back to the hotel in Charleston where Lon, Mama, and I will have our headquarters for Black Friday Shopping.(Don't ask. We do this EVERY year and it is an artform people.)
-Strategize and nail down our plan of attack for Black Friday.
-Start shopping by 4:00 a.m. Continue with this shopping madness until Friday night and then head home Saturday morning.
-Sat. we will be doing all of our Christmas decorating.
-Sunday I will finish the tree and head to TN to get the boys.
-Monday is a birthday party for Connor in TN.
-Tuesday we head back to SC.
If I have any sanity left I will post during the next couple of days. If I do not, know that I will have lots to show you when I get back from my shopping adventure and trip to TN.
For now here are some pics from some crafting I have been doing lately. I know you are probably getting tired of seeing sock monkeys, but I am making some for Christmas presents and I just love them.

I also appliqued a t-shirt for Jack, and I love how it turned out.



Walker and I made some candies today, and he helped me with the baking of a new mystery pecan pie I made. I got the recipe from my Mom, who got it from someone else, etc. After nearly ruining the pie, it was built in layers and had WAY TOO MUCH filling for my single pie crust, man the mess, I was reminded you should never try to make a new recipe the day before Thanksgiving.
Walker taking the wrappers off his rollos, and putting them on his pretzels.
Last step, he pushed the pecans down into the melted rollos. He loved that part!
He also really liked poking holes in my pie crust. Quite the little helper.

Walker was exhausted from his busy day. He had just got a bath and was waiting for me to get his jammies. He was out before I made it back.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and make lots of special memories with all those that love and surround you.

2 comments:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Girl, you are busy! Hope you are having an amazing Thanksgiving!

Those rolo treats are sooooooooo addictingly good!! And the shirt...awesome!

I nominated you for an award! Hop on over to my blog to check it out. Have an great turkey day!! Oh yeah! Walmart is selling the Cricut Expression for $199 tomorrow!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Those sock monkeys are WAY TOO CUTE! Girl you are amazing. I am in awe of your talents! Sounds like you had a busy Thanksgiving week...I hope it was wonderful! I have been wanting to try those Rolo Turtles...yummo.

p.s. You aksed me about where to get the brown clipboards. I have found them at Staples and Office Depot. And someone told me they have them at Sam's Club too. Good luck. Let me know if you try it again and how it turns out! It's a tricky project.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin