Sunday, March 22, 2009

Best of the Week...



It has been a wonderful week full of "bests" but I will try to narrow it down to 10!

1. Walker told me if I was a dinosaur I would be a Maiasaura. For those of you who don't know much about dinos, Maiasauras were known for being really good mommies.

2. Riding the moped at the river on a beautiful spring day. Something about being there is just so peaceful, and there's not a care in the world.

3. Learning how to do a tile mosaic from Jerry (my father in law).

4. The Brown's visiting, and getting to show them our local stomping grounds.


5. Walker waking up the morning our company left and saying, " I miss my sisters." referring to Addi and Juliana.

6. Connor and I spending some quality one on one time in the yard and at the carwash.

7. Walker learned his first joke,"Why did the chicken cross the playground? To get to the other slide!" and then he always says, "Get it? To get to the other SLIDE!" just to make sure you got the punchline.

8. Having a bonfire in the backyard and roasting marshmallows, just because.

9. Reading "We're Going On a Bear Hunt" to Connor every.single.night.

10. The boys yelling, "ECHO ECHO ECHO" in the empty silo at the farm. The joys of childhood never get old!
Hope you had a wonderful week!

9 comments:

somecallmechristy said...

Yay!!! We made it to the list! If I had a list you all would be all over the top 10!! We had a great week...you were such an excellent hostess. You know you have a dear friend when you can visit their house with two children under the age of four and not be on pins and needles the entire trip! You all have a great little life with the river, the farm...I was inspired to try and adopt a more relaxing pace...at least a few days a week! The collages are beautiful! love, christy

Bryce's momma said...

As always, hilarious! Aren't kids the greatest! Love the photos. Have a great Monday!

The Smith Family said...

I love that Walker said you would be a Maiasaura! I also envy you that you can have a bonfire in your backyard and roast marshmallow, just because. That is awesome.

Brandy said...

How much fun did you have!you got to love the SPRING FEVER!

The Hat Chick said...

I'm totally stealing Walker's joke. LOVE IT!

Made In The South said...

Thanks for stopping by. You can never have to many friends...It looks like you had a busy week.

Bryce's momma said...

Gaa! Such nice words for a Monday. I needed that. Today was a busy, crazy day! You do realize that flattery will get you everywhere. lol We sometimes travel I-85 to go to D.C. Maybe we can meet sometime. I will let you know if we ever head up that way.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Great pics! Even greater memories! And I am LOVING the new snugglies you made. The owl and the elephant are JUST.TOO.CUTE.

~Amanda

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures. I'm so glad you guys had a great visit, wish we could have been there too. Have a great week!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin