Monday, March 30, 2009

Glass Magnets...

If you read my Best of the Week post, then you already know that my parents came to visit this weekend and brought my sister in law. Well, Brittney somehow got sucked into my "try a new craft" vortex on Saturday night.

I have been wanting to try to make magnets for a while now, and I already had the stuff, so here you go...

We made 30 in an hour or 2. All we did was trace the glass marbles on scrapbook paper and then cut it out. We glued the paper to the back of the marble and then added little round magnets to the back of them. The sky is the limit here, and they could be as colorful and clever as you wanted to make them. I think they will be great little "just because gifts." I made one for my aunt that said "Bald is Beautiful" because her hubby is bald. I made one for my sis that says "WEWE" because that is what the boys call Aunt Wendi. We did some with initials and some with flowers.

We ran out of supplies, so we had to quit with the magnets, but I also taught her how to tassel. She is quite the quick little learner. Check out her tassel...

7 comments:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I used to have a tee shirt that said "Bald is Beautiful: God only created so many perfect heads. The rest he covered with hair." It was my most absolutely favorite shirt. Haha, I laughed that you made a magnet of it.

Jennifer R. Hamilton said...

Cute cute cute! I think I could do the glass magnets...that might be fun to do with Jack this summer! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!! Love ya!

Positively Creative! said...

Those are super super cute..good job...love that tassel too! It seems intimidating to me though!

Angie said...

I have got to make me some of these magnets! I love doing stuff that involves cute scrapbook paper!

Anonymous said...

cute, cute, cute....and so easy....how do you think of all this stuff....I love it!!!
hope you have a good weigh-in tomorrow! pb

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

So cute. I love those magnets. ANd that is one mother of a tassle!!!

The Smith Family said...

I really think it's awesome that you craft and would like to do so someday. I just need to get motivated. I really like the magnets, they are really cool!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin