Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Claire's Baby Gift...

I had a wonderful time tavelling, and got home late Monday. My company got here today, so there has not been much time for blogging, with all the cleaning and unpacking. I've missed everybody and hope to be all caught up with what y'all have been doing by this weekend. For now, I wanted to share what I made for Staci's baby shower. (FYI...Staci is one of my best gal pals from college. We were sorority sisters and roommates and she is just one of those lifelong friends that everybody should have. Anyway, she is having a baby girl this time around and I wanted to make her something special. Claire's room is gonna be hot pink and lime green, so I went a little crazy making girly stuff. )

I was so happy with how it all came together that I thought I would share it with you. I was especially pleased with her pillow and little hangtag. Mainly because I had not done those before. I made her a few onesies, but this one with the little ruffles on the bottom was my favorite. I also made her a sock monkey, but forgot to get a pic of it before hand, so you can see it below in some of the shower snapshots.

Another lady made her a christening gown that was gorgeous. We had such a great time this weekend. I could go on and on, but in the interest of time and actually sleeping tonight I will only share a few highlights with you.

Staci is from Grundy, VA. A small town built on the side of a mountain. She doesn't live there now, but her family still does so that is where her shower was. Grundy is beautiful, but I had not been there since 9 years before when I was in Staci's wedding. Needless to say my trip there was not very smooth. I forgot to get the GPS and had to follow MapQuest directions. Here is a little math for you: MapQuest Directions + Pouring rain + Winding unfamiliar roads + No Cell Phone Service + By yourself+ no good music = Really long and scary road trip! That was no indication of my weekend though. Staci's family has come to seem like my own over the years and I so enjoyed spending time with them. Robin (Staci's Mom) was an incredible host and her home was so warm and inviting, not to mention beautiful. I had a blast and laughed until I almost wet my pants. Here you can see some of the wonderful people I spent the weekend with, and the food I ate all weekend. Just wanted to show you why I will probably not have a loss tomorrow for Weight Watchers Wednesday. Also, check out the dragonfly quilt Robin made Staci. LOVE IT! I have to learn to quilt! I got a glimpse of myself in 25 years, via my new BFF Lorraine, and let me just tell you that I will be fabulous if I am like her! (Lorriane is the blonde above) I met Lorraine for the first time this weekend, and she is a HOOT! We exchanged recipes, garden ideas, and crafting tips all weekend. Lorraine taught us how to make a gorgeous little necklace (I'll share it in another post b/c you are gonna want to make one) and I taught them how to tassel. Fun was had by all.

None of my travelling would have been possible if it weren't for Nonnie and Pop taking care of the boys. They had a great time too. Thanks Nonnie and Pop!

There is so much more I would love to share with you, but like I said earlier, I do want to sleep tonight so I can enjoy my friends that are visiting with us this week. I will be doing WWW tomorrow, and am gonna put off Phase 3 of the Mandi Method until Friday so I can actually focus on the next phase. Hope you had a wonderful weekend and look forward to catching up later!

5 comments:

Martha said...

Cute stuff.. that pillow is adorable! I love it!
Martha

Jennifer R. Hamilton said...

Adorable! So glad you had a great time and made it to and from Grundy safely...Is the road still falling off the mountain or did they move the town? I remember us driving over there...fun times!
Anyway, I hope you guys have a fun week and take lots of pics because Christy never does!! :)

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

What a fun girly weekend! the basket of goodies you made for your friend was TO.DIE.FOR. I am constantly amazed by your many talents. Hope you can catch up on some sleep. Have a great week.

Luv ~ Amanda

Becky said...

How fun! I didn't know Staci was preggo again- she will have so much fun with 2!
The goodies you made Claire are ADORABLE!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I just loved reading about your trip! Don't you just long to be someone like Lorraine? I know I sure do! What fun it sounds like you had! I can't wait to read about how to make the necklace. And girl, you were looking so pretty and svelt in your photos!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin