Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 7

It is Weight Watchers Wednesday Week 7, and I have lost 1.6 lbs. for a running total of 17.4 lbs. to date, and yes those oz. matter when you are trying this hard!
It was a pretty good week and I have been enjoying my progress in the exercise arena. I have stopped working out with Lon at night, it makes me too wired to sleep well. Instead I have been exercising during the day, which is a little more challenging. When I am in the floor doing exercises, Connor wants to ride on my back and says "bronco ride" over and over. Walker enjoys watching and tells me I am dancing. If I miss a step or don't get up or down fast enough, Walker a.k.a "Coach" is sure to tell me. I can tell a big difference in my energy level and I hope that continues. The one change I should make is I need to start pressing myself a little harder. Without Lon to keep up with, I tend to fall into my comfort zone and I don't sweat nearly as much. I'm gonna work on that this week.

For this week's recipe, I am gonna give you a little spread I have been using.

Cream Cheese Chicken Spread:

8 oz. fat free cream cheese
1 cup shredded chicken
1/2 tsp. garlic salt (to taste, some people like more and some less)
1/2 tsp. onion powder (to taste)
1/2 cup shredded carrots

Mix all ingredients. Makes 4 servings at 2 pts. each. You can use the canned shredded chicken, but I just made my own. If you use the canned chicken you may need to recalculate the points because I don't have one handy.
I was gonna add other diced veggies, but carrots was all I had. Sometimes I only eat 1/2 of a serving because that will be enough to fill 1 celery stick. When you eat it that way, it is only 1 pt., including the celery, and is very filling. It was delish. I also spread it on a whole wheat low carb tortilla (2 pts.) for lunch one day. Add some Baked Lay's, and fruit on the side and you have a feast for one. YUM!

One last thing. As I have shared time and time again, I have a SERIOUS SWEET TOOTH! When I am in the mood for chocolate or cake, daily, this is my "go to" dessert. I have tried every lowfat cupcake/ muffin/cookie on the market, and this one is hands down the best. They taste like the real deal and are only 1 pt. for a pack of 3. Yes I said 1 pt.! They are moist and satisfying. I would probably be 17.4 lbs. heavier without them.
How did all my WWW's buddies do this week?

7 comments:

Bryce's momma said...

Go you! I am proud of you for all of your effort and success. I know that it is hard. I lost 30 pounds before we decided to have our baby. It took me 4 months. I was part of a program as a spokes-person. They flew me out to California and all kinda good stuff. It is soooo hard even with support. I lost the weight that I gained with my pregnancy while nursing or should I say pumping. tmi. Anyway , as I backed off I gained it all back. I am cutting back, but haven't tried seriously. I have only lost 3 of my wanting to lose 15-20 pounds. And that fluctuates. I was bad when we had all of those birthday cupcakes around. AARRGGG! I need to get serious. I think that I will try some of your recipes. Oh yea, and that exercise thing! Thanks.

The Smith Family said...

1.6...that's great!! I have a serious sweet tooth as well, so I'm going to have to try the Hostess cupcakes..YUMMY!!

Jennifer R. Hamilton said...

GOOD JOB! I'm so proud of you...and from your last post, looks like Con man beat Jack in the "how many paci's can you fit in your mouth?" contest!! Too funny!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I am SO SO impressed! That is a wonderful weight loss! You must be so motivated to see such progress, and finding those little things like the Hostess cupcakes can make all the difference. I just started WW last week and am just starting to figure things out. It's been tough because I am nursing too, so I have to find the balance so I don't overdue it. But it is fun to come here and feel so inspired by you! Keep it up and keep me posted! :)
Carrie

Stacie said...

Way to go, Mandi!

Becky said...

You're doing so well and really inspiring me to PUT DOWN THE CHOCOLATE! It's so hard to find time to exercise- I'm sure a bronco ride for Con would count, though!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Go Mandi! I'm so excited for your weight loss! But isn't it wonderful to have your energy level up? Thats been making such a difference for me. I find that I just feel like I need to move instead of being so sedentary. This past Sunday, I wore a pair of pants that I had not worn since I bought them. They were always a bit way to small. And though I had to wear a litle tummy sucker in panty thing, the pants fit! The panties were just tuckin in that last roll bc these were low rise pants. I was so happy. I haven't done too great this week though. I need to get my butt back to the eliptical!

P.S. I just laughed reading about your coaches. :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin