Tuesday, March 3, 2009

More Monkey Business...

I have been up to some more monkey business lately, and thought I would introduce you to the latest little critters before they get shipped off to their new homes.

First up, there is Fifi. She is sassy and thinks she is all that. A little on the preppy side with her argyle tail, she still keeps it fresh and fun. Fifi is going to live with my "Little Sister" from my sorority days. She has a little girl named Olivia that is just gonna love her. I have had Olivia's original baby gift for months now, but never mailed it and since she is growing so fast the clothes probably won't fit anymore. I decided to make her this as a replacement.
Next up is Hank. Hank is a bit of a hand full and is going to live with Bryce (the winner of my 100th post giveaway.) Bryce's Momma said Bryce's room is western themed with primary colors. Well I hope Hank fits that bill. He was really popular with the ladies, hopefully he will be with Bryce too. He is a rowdy cowboy, but I bet Bryce can handle him.

Finally, there is Sweetie. She is just a loveable little bunny. Sweet as she can be and is extra special because she is the first rabbit I have made. She is going to live with my Aunt in TN. She had a baby recently and her son got a sock monkey for Christmas, so baby sister needs one too.



There you have it. The results of my rainy day at home.

By the way, I just found out that I was featured as a Top 10 Crafty Blog on Crafty Homemaker. I had to do a double take! Did she really mean me? Maybe she meant another Mandi? Nope. I'm the one. Thanks Tiffany! I really appreciate it and hope I keep making crafts you love to look at!

6 comments:

The Hat Chick said...

You deserve that award!

I am in love with Hank. I can see how he is a ladies man.

Jennifer said...

I totally Love your sock monkeys! I have always not liked the brown boring ones. I never thought about using bright socks. Great Idea! I also live the appliquue T-shirts. They are so cute! Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Jennifer

The Smith Family said...

Oh my gosh..I love them all. If I ever have a girl, I think she might have to have a Fifi in her life :)

Bryce's momma said...

OMGosh! I left you a post this morning. Where did it go? I think that we were on at the same time. lol I LOVE Bryce's monkey! Those are the exact fabrics in his nursery. lol I guess that I will just have to call it his "room" soon. I love that you named him too. Hank the monkey. lol How stinking cute is the B? Is it on his booty? I could have not designed it any more perfect. You read my mind and exceeded my expectations. I loved the one that you posted the other day that was made out of the chenille or some kind of fuzzy fabric and then you did it on his too. Perfection , I mean it! He will adore it I am sure. You should be featured girlie, you are one crafty lady. I am jealous of your crafting time. You should go into business and call it monkey business and name them and stuff like that (with the little stories of their personalities) like you did on that post. Love it all!

edie said...

Mandi,
They are so darn cute. I would love to learn! Hope you're having a good week. And love the applique shirts below!

Becky said...

I just saw this!! Yay, thank you so much- I have long admired your sock monkeys! :) Do you remember when you got a sewing machine at that white house we lived in and we played with it for hours to get it threaded? You've come a long way! I will eagerly await the mail...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin