Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Real Progress...

Connor is making real progress (Yeah RIGHT!)in the area of the binky. He only gets it at bedtime, well usually, and they are all cut, well most of them are cut. He seems to keep pulling binkies out of hidey holes I did not know he had. Those would be the ones I have not got to cut yet. He and Nonnie had a binky party Saturday night. Thought I would share some pictures from it. This is a prime example of why grandparents are the "favorites". I would NEVER give him this many binkies, but Pop would, and did in a heartbeat.

He was all smiles as they made binky necklaces... And stacked them in piles...
And tried to see how many he could fit in his mouth...

He was so proud of all those binks.
He carried them around in his little bowl.
And even wore them as earrings.
Pop also did this...
Yes he gave them all of that candy. At one time.
I sometimes wonder if these are really the people that were my parents. They have been forever changed since they had grandchildren, but I LOVE IT! And so do the boys. Mom keeps reminding me "they are only little once", and I am trying to have that attitude and just enjoy all these moments a little more and stress about the little things a lot less.

5 comments:

Bryce's momma said...

Why are we always on at the same time? You posted 4 minutes ago. I have only been on twice today and you were on both times. lol Sister from another Mister huh? Cute story and photos. How beautiful is your mom? Love the pappy party. Bryce seems to careless if he has his these days. Sometimes I try to stick it in his mouth when he is crying after a fall or something and he just spits it out. He too, will take it for bedtime. I hope he just weans himself. Pipe dream...or should I say pappy dream. ( I know, corny huh?)

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)

The Hat Chick said...

My goodness - I wish I'd thought to trade lollipops for binkies! Skibbie "lost" hers, but we only had 2 to start with. Action was the same - I hate it when things get lost in the trash can.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Hahaha, your kids are so priceless!! I love the earrings.

deborah said...

very sweet. my kids had thumb, binkie, blankies ("my" and "otty") oh, and of course, Barney. very tough to get rid of that binkie! my last one, the little guy had it, he's now 8, and I don't remember how he did now. but WOW the lolipops, talk about a sugar rush. don't they always send them home with that

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin