Sunday, March 29, 2009

Plugged In Again...

I did it! I was unplugged for a full day, and half of another one. ( Click here if you have no idea what I am talking about!)It was a little hard at first, but once I got busy it was not a problem. The great mystery of why I don't seem to finish those to do lists anymore was finally exposed. I'm too worried about cyberspace and what all you fabulous people are posting about on your blogs. It was refreshing to be totally "plugged in" to my life again and this experiment reminded me why limits are important. As for what all I did, here are the highlights...
I spent some time doing crafts with the boys. We tried these Martha Stewart pipecleaner animal kits I got from Wal-Mart. My local store had them on clearance for $1 a set. My boys were too young to really enjoy making them, but they did like playing with the finished product.

I went through my HUGE stack of magazines and whiddled it down to about 30 pages for my Idea books. I have been intending to do that for a while, but it always got put off. It is so nice to have it done.

I finished the laundry (that took almost a whole day) and got it all put away.

I made my first trip the the nursery for flowers, and it is official. I have spring fever!

Most importantly,I spent a lot of quality time with the boys. Thanks to Kimba for helping me to remember that sometimes my "happy place" on the internet can be overrated if it takes away from the quality of time spent with the family that I treasure!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like your unplugged day went just perfect! Those are some precious times and wonderful memories....glad you stopped to smell the roses~

The Smith Family said...

Good for you for being unplugged for a whole day in a half. That must of been hard, but looks like you did a lot of great things. I really need to do more crafts with my kids. You are such a good mom!! Glad you back :)

Decor To Adore said...

I am stopping by via ASPTL. You made good use of your time off!

The Hat Chick said...

So that's the secret....I apparently gave up the wrong screen for lent.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I started to go through some of my magazines, ripping out articles that I like...projects I want to try...info I want to remember. Sounds like you had a really productive time off. I don't have the internet at home and my days are not nearly as productive. I need to get better at that.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin