Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 8

It is Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 8 and this week I lost 2 lbs. for a total of 19.4 lbs to date. I am so excited to have a good loss this week. I really tried to focus on my exercise and stay on track with my eating. I did have a run in with some sugar cookies that was pretty ugly. Probably would have lost even more if I could have kept my hands out of 'em, but I am happy with 2 lbs.

I have started doing Leslie Sansone's walking program atleast 4 or 5 days a week. It is very easy to do with the boys, they walk right beside me (or run all around me), and I add hand weights for some extra cardio and strength training. It is not intense by any means, but it is moving.

As promised, here is a picture of me to show progress, and yes I have my hair in a ponytail again. I realize this is not a whole body shot, but it is all I have and I can see some progress in my face. Getting a little thinner.

Now, on to more important things. For this week's recipe, I am gonna share Cinnamon Raisin French Toast. It hits the spot if I want to have something sweet for breakfast. I got this recipe online somewhere, but in my haste to make it forgot to write down where. My guess is the Weight Watchers recipes on Angelfire. I find stuff there a lot.


Cinnamon Raisin French Toast 3 pts. per serving


3 egg whites or 1/3 cups egg substitute ( I use Eggbeater's)
3 Tablespoons skim milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3Tbsp Splenda

1 teaspoon vanilla
cooking spray
4 slices raisin bread

1. Combine egg whites, skim milk, cinnamon, Splenda and vanilla in a bowl; stir with a wire whisk until blended.


2. Spray a skillet or griddle with cooking spray, heat over medium-low heat.


3. Dip bread into egg mixture, coating both sides evenly. Gently place each slice of bread in the skillet and cook for 2 or 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Makes 2 servings (2 slices each serving) Calories 182 Fat 2gm Fiber 2gm


I also drizzle with some sugar free syrup which is 0 points if you "drizzle". If you drench, then you better count it as 1 point. Just putting that out there for all you drenchers.

On Friday I will be announcing phase 3 of the Mandi Method. I am looking forward to that. I will be out of town from today until Sunday night. We are going to TN to stay with Nonnie and Pop because they miss this:
And I can't say I blame them. I am gonna be going to spend the weekend with a girlfriend, and am looking forward to the me time. It always does a mommy good. I hope all of my WW buddies did good this week and I look forward to your updates!

14 comments:

The Hat Chick said...

Kudos to you! You are setting a great example for your boys....and making yourself healthier for the long run.

Enjoy your girl's weekend - you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB....I DO THAT WALKING TAPE SOMETIMES TOO...IT DOESN'T HURT TOO BAD! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Anonymous said...

ANONYMOUS IS PB....SORRY, TOO MUCH ON MY MIND TODAY!

The Smith Family said...

You are looking GREAT!! I love your glasses btw :) I love coming here on Wednesday's and getting inspiration from you. I didn't lose anything this week, so I'm not even posting anything. I have worked out twice this week, so maybe I'll have a good number next week.

Keep up the good work..your awesome :)

Stacie said...

On your post, the self portrait and your profile pic with Connor are side by side and I can definitely see the loss in your face. Congrats and keep it up!

Jennifer R. Hamilton said...

Way to Go Mandi!! You are doing so great and I'm so proud of your determination!! I have still YET to fulfill my one resolution of exercise, but I am going to shoot to start on Monday, now to just figure out what to do...hmmm...Enjoy your relaxing girls weekend! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mandi!!! I love the picture of Walker and Connor, it's so sweet. Can't wait to see you this weekend:)

Amy said...

COngrats on a great week! I am a ponytail wwearer too! You look great!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the weight loss! I am *still* trying to lose some baby weight. I think I am averaging about a pound a week. I would have a party if I lost 2!

Bryce's momma said...

Yay Mandi! You are doing GREAT! I hope that you have had a chance to see Hank at our house. We love him! Have fun with your folks! Love the pic of the boys. You will treasure that one always! I wish that I was there. I would love to make some family pics for you, so that your boys could see what their mom used to look like and how much hotter her skinny self is! It is neat to have something to go back and look at. I always think, "How did I let myself get like that?" It seems like overnight, but so hard to get off. Congrats! Keep it up girlfriend!

Chris said...

Look, I would pay good money to lose 2 pounds. Every bit helps, right?! I think you look wonderful! Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

You go girl! And as far as that list you have ..put the moulding {spelled wrong Im sure} back on your list! Its not that hard just take a lot of time. I hope I can get it finished before Christmas to show yall. Guess that what I get when I hire my son...whos 18...and not getting paid..well except gas money. Thats it! I will fill his tank with gas then maybe he will get back to work~

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Go Mandi! Almost 20 pounds! That's so awesome girl!! I always look forward to your Wednesday post. I find it so encouraging.

This week I moved to Level 2 of Shred and though it was more fun...the moves were pretty confusing. I think I'm going back to Leslie. My mum-n-law and I did a Leslie walk the other night. We were both tired but knew we needed to do it. We did a one mile and it went by so quick. Glad you are liking her!

~Brown's Blessings~ said...

Wow! How awesome! You look fabulous. Your progress is inspiring. I'm glad I'm not the only one who tested out the cookie jar this week! lol...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin