Thursday, March 19, 2009

You're Gonna Be JEALOUS!!

You are gonna be so jealous when you see what a wonderful brother in law I have!! My Mom and sister both have these to.die.for shelves in their homes that Richard (that is the man of the hour) built for them. Well when I saw theirs of course I NEEDED one. I have a funny spot over my desk in the office/craft room that is just wasted space. Well not anymore! Look what Richard made me...Now, the decorating is not finished. I just put some stuff up there to make it look good until I redo my office next month. Jerry and Lon hung it for me and I just could not stand leaving it, so I will keep changing things around until I like it. Mom and Wendi's shelves are just rectangles, but I needed an L shape and he did it! This is the first time I got to see it in his workshop. I think this pic shows its size better. It is about 4 feet x 6 feet.

And just in case any of you are wondering, this is the paint he used.

I was gonna put up a pic of him because he is a cutie patootie, but he hates to have his picture made and there is no reason to rattle the gator's cage, especially when the gator made me something so fabulous.

4 comments:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

What a great gator!! What amazing shelves! I am jealous! They look so great. The molding on the top really makes them look so pro. You lucky lucky woman!!!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I love that shelf, the beadboard on the back and the color!!

Bryce's momma said...

Love it! I think that I might like to see the photo of Richard if he is "eye candy". lol Men are crude....why can't we be? I don't know how I missed this post. I too, used to scrapbook, back in the day. I wish that I had some me time, but I know that it will come when he is older or when I decide to let others keep him more (mom's day out). I have the white hobby hideaway. Check it out at www.hobbyhideaway.com. Mine has the side cabinets like the example and drawers on the bottom of the sides, for paper. It also has the pull out printer side cabinet. It was an INVESTMENT. I like yours because mine takes up lots of space. It is in a room that we will eventually need for kids. It has Ott lites in the top and the counter folds up. Thought that you might enjoy looking at it. I had to delete one of my comment posts in your Esther post cause my son was helping me type. I realized that it looked like cuss words more than a post......Sorry! I had to run...Bryce had his arm stuck in a toy. It was really wedged in his shape sorter! lol I love him so much. I guess that I should get off of this computer and get stuff done! Later girlie!

BlueCastle said...

What a nice man to do that for you! It's beautiful.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin