Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another Mistreatment...

I just did another mistreatment, and I LOVE IT! I did what I would consider a "first class" Nester Mistreatment. I hope I'm making her proud! I'll show you the results, and then I'll tell you what I did.

I started with a box full of wonderful fabric remnants. My mother in law manages a furntiture store, so when they no longer carry the certain fabrics she has lots of fabulous samples to discard. These are my lastest bins. I have no idea what other stores do with them, but call and ask! I use this fabric for all kinds of fun crafting, but that is another post. Anyway, you have to cut these little labels off the corners. It can be a little tricky, but with a little patience you can get it off without hurting the wonderful FREE fabric.
Then you just put some of the fabrics you like on your sofa, you know all professional like...
And you get yourself a really skinny and cheap curtain rod from Wal-Mart. I already had this one, but it was super cheap, like $3 or something. Then you put these samples on the rod because they already have dowels and holes from hanging in the furniture store. In no time flat you can have a fabulous window treatment and be a member of the Mistreatment Club!
What do you think?

20 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea- I love freebies!

trish said...

How cute!!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Anonymous said...

Cute...the girls at work love it:)

~Brown's Blessings~ said...

I love it!!! You are so talented, and great at sewing. I recently took up sewing since Christmas. It looks so easy to sew, but it's never as easy as it looks!

Jennifer R. Hamilton said...

Love it, and super neat and easy! I just need about 50 scraps and I think I'd put them in my laundry room, under the over rack that holds my detergent. Great idea!

To The Moon and Back said...

LOVE IT!

The Hat Chick said...

How lucky are you? I love those color combos and the wooden valance.

sara said...

I love how that looks! Great job!!!!

Unknown said...

Very creative! And free too? PERFECT.

Amber Filkins said...

Wow, that looks REALLY good! I'm definitely going to be calling some stores near me! Thanks for the heads up.

queenbee said...

What a great idea. Cant wait to see what other wonderful things you do with this FREE fabric.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I love it! The different colors...so pretty! And who can beat FREE fabric? Rock on you lucky woman!

Carrie @carrieloves said...

That is too cute and the colors are beautiful.

Jodi said...

girl that is brilliant - love it!!

Miss G said...

really, really, really cute! Kelly

Anonymous said...

I like it...and the price is right!

The Nester said...

looks great behind that cornice thing whatever you call it!

Melissa said...

This is such a great idea! I have a friend who gets these from the fabric stores for the special order fabrics....hmmmmmm. You've got my wheels turning! Love it~
Melissa

Karol said...

Love your mistreatment!

Karol :0)

happyhome said...

What a fabulous idea! I vote you as VP of the "Window Mistreatments" club! ;o)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin