Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Privacy? What's that?

This is what happens when you try to use the restroom at my house. You get the 2 Super Smellers at your door trying to have a conversation with you about what you are doing, how long it will take, and my favorite, what is that smell?

One lesson I have learned as a Mom is that a lot of layers are shed along the way. Almost all modesty is lost during all those pregnancy exams and checkups, and if you have any left it goes out the window during the delivery.

Privacy is gone as soon as you get home with the baby. As a parent, well mother atleast, you can't even go to the bathroom alone when you have a small one at home with you. Showers are also another challenge while Dad is at work.
Is it just my 2 boys, or does everyone experience this if they try to go to the bathroom with the door closed?

4 comments:

Jennifer R. Hamilton said...

Door closed?! Ha!! That's a joke at my house. Unless you lock it, my son thinks the bathroom is a free-for-all. It's awful...especially for someone like me that really needs quiet and privacy to do the "other"! (TMI sorry!) But I can't just potty with my son slapping my leg or playing with the door stop! So, the door gets locked and he gets VERY mad. It's quite comical because then he's so mad, I can't go. So, we both loose!
Anyway, Cooper and Saydie used to do this and then stick their hands under the door, it was soo funny!
The "what is that smell" reminds me of an email, I may not have sent it to you...about a Mommy going "stinky" in a public bathroom. You'll get a kick out of it, so if I didn't send it, let me know and I will!

Anonymous said...

I don't even try to close the door anymore!!

The Hat Chick said...

The bathroom is my sanctuary. If you can't be alone in there, where can you be alone? My peeps learned early that if the door is closed, don't even knock... and unless you are bleeding, don't talk through the door either.

I'm just mean that way.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Hahaha, I literally laughed out loud. Your boys are too cute!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin