Sunday, February 22, 2009

Papa Walker Had a Farm, E-I-E-I-O...

And on that farm he had a horse, E-I-E-I-O! And a bunch of sheep, and some cows, and a goat. Well that is how it goes around here anyway. This week there was a new addition to the Walker Farm family. Nana and Jerry bought a new horse. Peppi is his name and he is wonderful! We have been planning on starting Walker in horse riding lessons in the spring, but now with Peppi in the picture I think Nana is just gonna teach him.

I can not begin to tell you how much Walkie enjoyed this horse on Friday. He was so excited to get to the farm to meet him and Peppi did not disappoint. He was wonderful. He is a quarterhorse and has been well trained. Nana says he still needs to gain some weight, but with Walker around giving him treats I think that will happen pretty fast. Here are a few of the highlights.

Here is Walker riding bareback because he could not wait until Jerry got home to help Nana saddle Peppi up.

Here is Nana teaching Walker that you have to hold your hand flat to feed the horse so you don't lose your fingers. This is all news to me too. I was not raised around animals, but Lon was.

Here are the boys on one of the hay bales. They had a great time playing on the hay.

Here is Walker getting off "by himself", or so he said. Nana says it is very important to learn how to do it from the beginning, but I think once he realized how high he was he welcomed Jerry's help.

Here is Walker learning how to lead Peppi with a rope.
And for those of you who wonder where Connor was all this time, well here are a couple pics of him and his mischievous self.



That is Mama, his Great Grandma, trying to get him off the fence while I am video taping Walker on the horse.
So this is Connor doing EXACTLY what I said NOT to do...

And this is the "I told you I could fit through there" face that I get so often.

2 comments:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Oh my goodness! I could just eat those two up...too cute! And I love that face Connor is giving you in the last picture. I think I've seen it a time or two at my house, as well.

~Amanda

Bryce's momma said...

lol! Hilarious! I LOVE it! The face is priceless (kinda mad cause he should have listened and kinda scared sause he got caught). Cute captures!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin