Friday, February 13, 2009

Window "Mistreatments"...

It's official. I am now a member of the Nester's Mistreatment club, and here are the results:
I had these red panels hanging in my dining/living room, and I wanted to add something to them, so I bought this fabric at Hobby Lobby last week.
I originally was looking for toile, but could not find one with the golds, browns, reds, and greens that I needed. I liked this one a lot and it was 30% off. I have to admit I did this in true Nester fashion because I did not take any measurements before I went. I just guess-timated, and it worked out fine. I needed about an inch more of the fringe on each end, but you can't tell it with them hanging up.

The fabric and fringe cost me right at $40 and the panels were something I purchased a long time ago at Wal-Mart or Target. I spent about an hour doing these yesterdayand love the results. In hindsight I would love a print on the top too, but I went with what I already had and it was much more affordable that way.

6 comments:

The Hat Chick said...

Super idea! I am lacking in the curtain/drapery dept. I only have blinds and plantation shutters. It ech-echo's a lot in my house.

Anonymous said...

Love them!! They look beautiful! Wish I was half as crafty as you:)

Unknown said...

You go girl! They are beautiful. Im sure you did Nester proud!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

That's a great fabric you placed on the bottom. They look great! You're official girl!

Xazmin said...

These are beautiful. Someday soon I will get up the nerve to try this!

The Nester said...

It looks fantastic and that FABRIC! It's to die for! I'm thrilled that you did em up so right!

Great work!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin