Saturday, February 28, 2009

Redecorranging...

As Edie over at Life in Grace would say, I have been doing lots of "redecorranging". I haven't bought anything new, just rearranged and redecorated a little with what I had. I love the changes and thought I would share some of my progress. Here is the only before shot I have. It wasn't bad, but we have only been in this house about 7 mos., so I kind of threw stuff on the walls when we first moved in order to get on to bigger projects.

This is my formal living/dining area. I moved around some pictures:

I'm sure you remember I made new window mistreatments a couple weeks ago. Well I also made a couple new striped pillows out of some fabric I had:

I have had this we moved in, and have not changed it. I love it. (I'm talking about the huge frame and pictures, not the toddler in jammies, but I love the toddler too!)

Here is the armoire in the corner that holds my tv. Is the top too busy? I think I like it, but the jury is still out.

I hung some more plates that I have had for a while, and put some old yard sale frames around them like pictures:


Don't look too close. You will see all of the holes that I have not patched or painted over. I want to make sure I like this and am not gonna change it some more, hence making new holes, before I repaint.


I have been crafting a lot lately, so my dining room has been A MESS! We usually eat dinner there every night as a family, but we have been having "picnics" in the family room instead. Lon never complains, but he was so glad to come home and see the mess gone yesterday.I made this new table runner...




Okay, so what is the verdict? Like the frames around the plates or hate it? I'm still trying to decide. I tend to think things have to be VERY UNIFORM. I'm a bit OCD and boring that way. Having the one big frame on the right will probably drive me crazy, but we will see how I feel after I live with it.

11 comments:

The Smith Family said...

I will be honest (because I would want you to be honest with me). Not sure if I love the frames around the plates, but I do LOVE everything else. You have a cute house and your so talented with the sewing machine. Boy do I wish you lived closer to me :)

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

LOVE the frames around the plates! So unexpected, so original, so cute. And p.s., your picture wall is AMAZING with a capital A! I want one just like it.

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Personally, I love the frames around the plates, but I think they would have more impact if the frames were all spray painted the same color, like a cream spray paint. Old frames are great for decorating! Also, I would like to see the large frame w/ 2 plates under the other. Heavier on bottom philosophy...

Speaking of frames, your wall of frames is amazing! If it were mine, I would paint the wall inside the frame or attach a fabric that is not too busy. Paint would leave a huge impact behind your photos. I love the idea of having them grouped together! Fabulous, girl, just fabulous! Swing by for a visit sometime...
~Misti

The Smith Family said...

That's a good idea with spray painting the frames and I too like the photo wall. Just wanted to say Hi this morning. Have a great Sunday :)

Amanda said...

Love your framed frames! Great idea, I also love your 2nd picture, nice job!

megan said...

I love your home- it looks so warm and beautiful!! Your picture wall is awesome. I have one going up my staircase that is slowly growing. Love it Love it. And Lol at your hubby being happy to come home to a clean dining room table. OY! Mine is covered right now. I keep starting to clean it, and then, 'oh hey, I should make this first...' and its plastered with craft stuff again.
I love chatting with you in blogland!
Blessings to you,
Megan

Anonymous said...

I love being able to pretend like I am visiting via blogworld...can't wait to get there in real world...promise I can feel it coming...love, christy b

Anonymous said...

Love all of it, you're such an amazing decorator:)

Christine said...

I just linked over from Imperfectly Beautiful - - what a cute blog you have!! I would LOVE to know where you got the fabric for the table runner (the brown w/ red floral design). I have a bedding set with that fabric & I'd like to get some yardage to make a valance. thanks!!

Becky said...

You TOTALLY rock! You have a talent here! I ammmmmm sooooooooooooooo glad (did I mention I am really really happy) that you visited my blog. I have book marked ya and will visit often!

Kathy said...

I followed you over from your tutorial at Edie's.

I LOOOVE your framed wall of photos!!

Your house reminds me of how mine *should* be :) Maybe that means we should be friends :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin