Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 4...

It is Weight Watchers Wednesday, Week 4. I was out of town for 5 days of the past 7. I was a little nervous this past week about leaving my comfort zone and travelling for fear of not still holding myself accountable and eating as I should. I did okay. I had a loss of 1.5 lbs. , for a running total of 14.5 lbs. I definitely could have done better, but the reality of travelling is that you eat out a lot and that is what happened. I am proud of the choices I made over all, and having any loss is rewarding. I am glad to be home though, and get back on track this week.

For my recipe this week I am gonna share a Taco Soup that I got at a WW meeting years ago. I love it and eat it as a soup and then on lettuce and tortilla chips as a taco salad after I am tired of the soup. I wish I knew the source to give credit to, but I have no idea who gave me this recipe years ago.

Taco Soup
1 large onion, diced

1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes

1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes & green chiles (Rotel works too)

1 (11 ounce) canned corn with red and green peppers

1 (15 1/2 ounce) can low-fat or fat-free black beans

2 cans water (3 1/2 cups)

1 package taco seasoning mix

1 package ranch salad dressing mix (dry)


Sautee onion with vegetable oil cooking spray. When softened, combine all other ingredients and cook until heated through.
Makes 9-10 cups. Serving size is 1 cup.
2 WW points per serving.

As promised last week, I have included a picture of myself this weekend with my grandparents. TERRIBLE picture, I know, but I am trying to monitor my loss in photos here people. I will make sure I get a better picture next time.
I also wanted to share a couple of things that kept me semi-on track while travelling. I packed the Fiber One chocolate granola bars and Baked Lay's Cheddar and Sour Cream potato chips.



Whether I wanted something chocolate or salty, they were my go to foods instead of a Snicker's bar or bag of chips at the convenience store. They are 2 points a piece, and while I realize some fruit would have been better, I am a salty/chocolate snack kind of girl. Also, we ate at Chick Filet whenever possible. The boys love it, and I get the chargrilled chicken sandwich for 5 points. YUM!

How did all my WW buddies out there do this week?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Mandi!!!! Calvin has lost 12 pounds and I am at 9.5. One of my favorite snacks is frozen grapes. It makes me feel like I am eating naughty ice cream. Love you guys!!!!!

The Smith Family said...

Great job!! You did great for being gone for 5 days :) I am a chocolate salty girl myself. I'll have to try the fiber one bars!!

Have a great day!!

Jennifer R. Hamilton said...

I think you are doing great!! Any loss is good when you are trying to loose weight, especially when you are traveling and on "vacation"!! I think it's awesome that you are being so strong and making the right decisions...something I struggle with daily, but like you have said before, it's a lifestyle change...(and it's NOT fair we have to change our lives just so we don't get hundreds of pounds I might add!) :O) Love ya, when you coming back this way? I'd love to get together again...Jack is learning how to 'share' better...although he probably would make Walkie mad by stealing his "roaaars" as we call them...He's learning though!

Positively Creative! said...

Great Job!! I am happy for you!! You look GREAT!! Thanks for the oh so yummy recipe..sounds good, I am going to make it tomorrow!!

edie said...

Mandi, That soup got me through med school and residency. I still make it too but I add more stuff now. I applaud your hard work in WW. Hang in there!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Mandi, you are doing such a great job with WW. You've lost so much weight! You go girl!!! Again, I always look forward to these posts bc they are so encouraging to me. That soup sounds so great. I'm a HUGE taco fan. I can't wait to copy it down and try it. I also appreciated the tips on traveling with WW. I'm always traveling so I appreciate the snack ideas. I've been wanting to try those snack bars too. I might pick up a box tomorrow.

P.S. Love the new header...you redid it right? I'm so inlove with scallops right now and that big one in the center is sooooo cute. Love it!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin