Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day Treats...

Happy Valentines Day! I just wanted to do a quick post this morning about the treats the boys are giving our family here in SC. They were extremely budget friendly and sort of a spur of the moment idea, but they turned out pretty cute.
Walker bought sprinkles for cupcakes a month ago. They were at Target and had 5 different bottles with all different red and pink hearts. I promised him he could make the cupcakes, but could not figure out how to easily package 2 per person. Last night when I went to the store I found these little disposable miniature bread tins. The size was perfect, but they were blue so we had to put a little Valentine paper and tie a bow. Easy peasy and cheap to boot! Now that is my kind of gift.

Here are the boys at 7:00 this morning putting the sprinkles on. Walker is using 2 bottles at one time and shaking as hard as he can. Connor on the other hand is enjoying his strawberry toast and pondering why his sprinkles won't come out. It must be the fact that the top of his sprinkle container is caked in frosting because he thinks he has to press the jar into the icing.
Here they are from the back. They are standing in their learning tower. My parents got us this a couple of years ago and it has been worth every cent. It's height is adjustable and it is solid wood. It is so much handier to use when we are cooking or they are helping wash the dishes because it has rails and keeps them much more steady than a stool or chair.


Back to the subject at hand, here is Walkie in his jammies showing off his cupcakes.
And Con-man finishing up his strawberry toast, and pondering whether he wants to dip it in that icing on the cupcake.
Here they are all wrapped and ready to go.


We made Papa a Key Lime pie, because he is more a of pie kind of guy. I did what Screaming Meme suggested and bought the Key Lime Pie cheesecake filling in the cream cheese section that comes in a tub. I put it in a mini graham cracker pie crust and topped with whipping cream. Put a couple limes on for garnish and he will never know it wasn't homemade. Atleast that is the goal.

We are gonna go deliver our cupcakes and have dinner with Nana and Jerry. We hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day!

4 comments:

The Smith Family said...

What a cute idea. The boys look like they had a blast and the cupcakes look YUMMY!!!!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

This is a great idea! A perfect container for two portions. I'm so filing this idea away. They looked really cute and your boys looked like they had fun. :)

Anonymous said...

I want a "learning tower." Where did it come from? Addi Grace and Juliana trying to share the same chair in the kitchen is a disaster waiting to happen.

mommax3 said...

I just have to comment on your "learning tower" Isn't it the BEST thing ever! I saw one of these online and had to have it for my peanut of a little girl. I showed my dad and he made her one. I put a picture of it on my blog if you would like to take a look, he painted flowers on it and everything. It's so cute to see other kiddos using one :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin