Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Honey, I'm Home!

We have been out of town since last Thursday, and Lon did not go with us so we were so excited to get home and see him! It has been a long day of travelling, but I figured that heaping pile of laundry will wait on me long enough to share a recap of the weekend.
We went to TN to my parents' house, and then on to my sister's house right outside Nashville TN. I have been away from the blogosphere, but I have managed to catch up on a few of your Blissdom posts and I am glad everyone had such a great time. We did too! I always love getting to spend time with my sister and other family. They live so far away (about 9 hours if you only stop once, LIKE THAT'S HAPPENING WITH 2 LITTLE ONES!), but every time we make the trip I am reminded of how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family.
My aunt Mesha had her baby, Savannah last week so it was a real treat to be there and visit her while she is still so small. Makes me feel like my little guys are so big. Where does the time go?


Walker got his Grandma fix. He loves her so much and it is so precious to watch them together. She has 12 grandkids ( I'm the oldest) and 2 great-grands (my boys), but somehow we are all made to feel so special. Amazing.


We spent a lot of time at Wewe's (that's what the boys call Aunt Wendi) house, and plenty of time outside. The boys just love climbing Grandma's tree outside in her yard, but the real highlight for them is always playing with all of their cousins. They exchanged Christmas gifts this weekend, so they all had new toys to play with, but moon shoes were probably the biggest hit. Even Nonnie tried them out.

Aunt Wewe lets the boys do lots of fun stuff, like wear her expensive sunglasses and eat chocolate cupcakes at bedtime. No wonder they love her so much!


I hope your weekend was a lot of fun too! I look forward to catching up on what everyone has been up to!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin