Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentines...



I just mailed out the boys' Valentines to family and friends, and they were so easy and inexpensive to do that I thought I would share them with you. First off, I want to give credit where credit is due. I got the idea for these here, and hers are cuter than mine, but I whipped these things out in about 10 mins. so I was pretty dog gone pleased with myself.




  • I started by taking 2 pictures that I liked of the boys' faces and loading them into Photobucket. From there I put a kiss sticker on the cheeks.


  • Next I saved the new pictures with the kisses to my computer and uploaded them to Walgreen's.


  • I googled the word "dinosaur" under the image tab, and saved a couple I liked to my computer. I made them black and white, and uploaded them to Walgreen's as well.


  • Then I went into the Walgreen's site and made a 4x6 collage of the boys pictures and the dinosaurs with the message, "Valentine, you are Dino-mite!"


Easy Peasy and cheap too! Now this would have been even cheaper if I had thought far enough in advance to do this on the Wal-mart site and order them for 9 cents each, but I wanted them quick so I was willing to pay the extra 20 cents per picture for 1 hour developing. There is a coupon for 25% off of collage prints right now, but you have to enter it in at check out time, and it is good until Valentine's Day.





5 comments:

The Hat Chick said...

What a cute idea! Yours turned out great!

Keri said...

Oh, how creative! I just love it. The perfect Valentine!

Becky said...

Those look awesome! I used Walgreen's, too, but ours aren't nearly that cute!

The Smith Family said...

That is a great idea and they came out so CUTE!! Happy V-day :)

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

What a great idea! This would be great with other holidays too. I always appreciate instructions. I bet some lucky people are going to love getting a Valentine from those two qt's!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin